- 43,760 CTV apps between Roku and Fire TV in the first quarter 2022.
- Roku TV leads the market with a quarterly growth rate (8.17%) since 2020.
- FireTV has had an average 7.3% quarterly growth rate since 2020.
More than 43,000 CTV apps between Roku and Amazon Fire TV
According to Pixalate’s data, there are over 43,000 active CTV apps across Roku and Amazon Fire TV, as of the end of Q1 2022.
- Roku: Over 29,000 CTV apps as of Q1 2022, up from 15,817 in Q1 2020
- Amazon Fire TV: Over 14,500 CTV apps as of Q1 2022, up from 8,352 in Q1 2020
Roku, Amazon CTV app stores growing about 30% to 40% year-over-year
Roku and Fire TV have experienced similar CTV app store growth over the last two years. From Q1 2020 to 1 2021, Amazon’s growth slightly outstripped Roku’s (+36% to +33%).
However, from Q1 2021 to Q1 2022, Roku saw its CTV app store grow at a considerably faster rate, rising 38.5% compared to Amazon’s bump of 29%.