Globally, across the Apple App and Google Play stores, Pixalate found:
- 3% of apps with undetected privacy policies are in the Health & Fitness category.
- 7% of apps with undetected privacy policies are likely child-directed, according to Pixalate’s COPPA assessment.
In the U.S. as of the end of Q1 2022, Pixalate discovered that:
- 6k+ access end-user personal information.
Across the EU, Pixalate found as of the end of Q1 2022:
- Smash Hit
- Cat Condo
- Photo Collage Creator - Pic Frames, Picture Editor
- Girl Skins for Minecraft Pocket Edition-MCPE Skins
- Best Furniture Mods - Pocket Wiki & Game Tools for Minecraft PC Edition
- Samsung Calculator
- Samsung Link (Terminated)
- Smash Hit
- Koi Free Live Wallpaper
- TCL User Center
Download a free copy of the report here and a free list of Top 50 Apps by Store here.
The content of this press release, and the Q1 2022 App Store Safety Report (the “Report”), reflect Pixalate's opinions with respect to factors that Pixalate believes may be useful to the digital media industry. Any data shared is grounded in Pixalate's proprietary technology and analytics, which Pixalate is continuously evaluating and updating. Any references to outside sources in the Report and herein should not be construed as endorsements. Pixalate's opinions are just that, opinions, which means that they are neither facts nor guarantees; and neither this press release nor the Report are intended to impugn the standing or reputation of any entity, person or app, but instead, to report findings and trends pertaining to apps available for download in the official Apple App Store and Google Play Store.