Pixalate's Global Mobile Ad Supply Chain: Privacy & Safety on Apps for Children - Google Play Store (H1 2021) report contains new research into nearly 3MM mobile apps available for download on the Google Play Store that count children aged 12 & under as part of their audience.
- 87% of Google Play Store apps purport to be suited for audiences that include children aged 12 & under
- 30% of Google Play Store apps for kids request access to fine location (GPS)
- Google Play Store apps for kids are more likely to have at least one "dangerous permission" (69% vs. 59%)
- 11,800 Google Play Store apps for kids lack all major transparency standards
What's inside the report:
Analysis of key transparency standards on apps for kids including:
- Terms of Service analysis
- Non-Corporate Email analysis
- Private Registration analysis
- Foreign-registered apps
- And more
Download the report today.