COPPA Audience Assessment added to the Publisher Trust Index & new keyword search for app content in the MRT makes it easy to find child-directed apps.
New Release: COPPA Assessment for Publisher Trust Index
View free COPPA Audience Assessment in the Publisher Trust Index
COPPA, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Audience Assessment provides a free & fast way to see if an app is likely child-directed according to Pixalate’s methodology.
One of the key criteria under COPPA is the app’s intended target audience. If an app is directed to children under the age of 13 or includes a mixed audience of children and people 13+, they are subject to the COPPA rule.
The COPPA Assessment is presented as an additional column in the Publisher Trust Index for Mobile Apps. The assessment has no impact on the rest of the scores in the PTI, nor does it impact the Final Score.
Access the free PTI COPPA Assessment here, and learn more about Pixalate's COPPA Compliance Tools
New Release: Keyword Search for Media Ratings Terminal
Search by Keyword for Child-directed Apps & their Privacy Policies
All visitors to Pixalate’s Media Ratings Terminal can now search for child-directed apps for free and assess their potential COPPA violation risk.
This enhanced search experience within the Media Ratings Terminal enables search by keyword(s) and applies to the content of the app’s description, as well as app title.
- Users can still search by bundle ID, app ID, domain, and developer name.
- Matched keywords are highlighted in results tiles
- Number of keywords matched is noted to illustrate search relevancy
- Content preview; the content text relevant to your search is previewed & highlights the keywords found
- Hyperlinked filters in results, clicking on certain fields in the results tile applies a filter
- Download results & keyword list upload, for Media Ratings Terminal customers only
To use this new search tool, simply visit our Media Ratings Terminal.